Property & Construction
Electrical Technician (Kitchen & Bathroom)
Location: High Wycombe, Chesham and Buckinghamshire.
Full Time / Permanent vacancy.
Due to the expansion of our investment works programme we have some great opportunities for tradespeople. Maybe you’re currently self-employed wanting to change to a more stable and reliable role where your pay is guaranteed each month, where we do all of scheduling of jobs and vehicle maintenance, leaving you to perform your trade to your best ability. Or maybe you’re working for another business but would like to move to an organisation that is on firm financial footing, with excellent benefits and has a track record in promoting talent from within.
If this sounds interesting to you read on to find out more about our fantastic employment benefits.
As a Paradigm Technician working for our DLO (Direct Labour Operation) we’ll supply you with a fully equipped hybrid van (no insurance renewals or services to concern yourself with as we do that) and a fuel card to ensure you can get around easily. We’ll provide you with an electronic tablet where your you can see your scheduled jobs and access our intranet for the latest company news. You’ll also get a mobile ‘phone, work clothing and PPE and we’ll aim to book your jobs in your local area where possible. You will be the face of Paradigm and will deliver a quality service to our customers in their homes, so a friendly and polite manner is as important as competence and high standards of work in your given trade.
As part of the Kitchen & Bathroom team you will carry out the following:
- Mark out and chase in for new sockets
- Coring holes for fans
- Installing and adding heat alarms/updating old smoke alarms
- Running trunking
- Wiring ring and radial circuits
- Connecting and testing
- Consumer unit changes
- Removal of old circuits
- Installation of lights
- Wiring of bathroom fans
- Second fixing sockets and accessories
Paradigm Housing Group employees more than 570 staff has over 16,000 properties (mainly in the South-East of England), with an annual turnover of more than £120million, we are a financially strong, safety conscious, and an environmentally aware social housing provider. We endeavour to make the best use of our resources in order to provide a cost effective and professional service to our customers, we aim to provide a first fix service where possible, with professional, polite and competent people delivering and exceeding on our Customer Care Standards.
Role specific requirements:
Extensive experience in all types of electrical work including domestic installation, periodic inspection reports, fault finding, service, repairs and re-wires
- City and Guilds 2365 level 2 and 3 (or equivalent)
- 17th Edition or 18th Edition
- Sound knowledge of relevant legislation and/or Codes of Practice i.e. construction, building regulations and health and safety
- A high level of literacy and numeracy to enable associated works to be completed
- An ability to make well-informed decisions in line with business interest by using own initiative
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of, and commitment to excellent standards in customer service
- Full valid driving licence
We offer a very generous package including the following:
- Holidays – 25 days to start (this rises with service to a maximum of 30 days) plus 3 paid days between Xmas and new year when we close, plus the opportunity to buy up to another 5 days – subject to condition
- Car Leasing scheme (subject to conditions)
- Pension scheme: employee minimum contribution of 3% and Paradigm will contribute 7.5% or 9.5% depending on the employee’s contribution rate.
- Annual Bonus potential
- On-call potential payments (for some roles, depending on business needs)
- Family Friendly policies incl generous Paternity, Maternity, Shared parental and adoption leave, sabbaticals and more
- Health Cash Plan – worth over £1,800 p/a includes Dental, Optical, Prescriptions and Flu jabs, Physiotherapy, Chiropractic therapy, Reflexology, Sports massage and more. It’s free to add up to 4 dependent children aged up to 24yrs (if in f/t education) and each child is entitled to 50% worth of your allowance for each category!
- Opportunities for career advancement – if that’s what you want, but it’s fine if you don’t.
- Social events, such as Quiz nights, Xmas Party, Summer BBQ (Covid permitting)