IT & Communication Technology
Our client is working exclusively with a leading Retail business based in Sherborne, Dorset, in the recruitment of an E-Commerce Director
This is a senior role reporting to the company owners and is responsible for the e-commerce divisions and digital brands. With their team, the E-Commerce Director will deliver well defined and thought out products, manage ecommerce operations and optimise customer outcomes, balancing cost, time and quality, along with communication to business stakeholders.
Responsibilities | E-Commerce Director
- Be responsible for the sales growth and product development for the business’s products and brand websites.
- Identify digital opportunities to improve company performance and brand awareness.
- Think creatively, strategically and with good judgment, to rapidly improve ecommerce KPIs (acquisition, conversion, retention, frequency, spend and profit).
- Formulate a business plan and regularly review performance against goals and objectives.
- Take ownership of and optimise the ecommerce P&L with full accountability in bottom and top line results and reporting, including control the Ad spend across brands and new launches.
- Understand customer segments and deliver targeted product and marketing offerings.
- Grow the product and UX in house function to deliver beautiful and intuitive ecommerce experiences.
- Define engineering requirements with the product team and manage external development team to deliver (front end, back end, DevOps, server maintenance).
- Working with the Head of Commercial, drive the competitive strategy and pricing to maximise market share.
- With the Head of Marketing develop online marketing channels (email, paid search, SEO, affiliates, partnerships, advertising, direct mail, promotions and events).
- Oversee performance of ecommerce Operations Managers and teams. Develop and execute a customer satisfaction strategy across the business using in-depth knowledge of e-commerce, digital and performance.
- Develop and manage the in house warehouse and stock control functions in line with business needs to aid company growth, cost and stock control, reporting and ultimately profitability.
- Keep abreast of competitor activities and industry developments and inform the business, and apply as necessary to online marketing and sales initiatives.
Desired skills | E-Commerce Director
- Strong track record of full cycle commercial in-house digital product management
- Management and development of ecommerce division or company.
- A solid grasp of analytics tools eg. Google Analytics.
- Experience managing a team as well as external contributors.
- A sound practical understanding of digital marketing for B2C.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, confident talking with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- A proven leader and talent developer
Our client is keen to appoint the successful candidate as soon as possible, and are able to progress to offer stage swiftly, for the right candidate. Early applications are encouraged.