Care & Social Care
Do you enjoy making a difference to people’s lives? Would you like to assist people in being discharged from hospital?
What you could be part of…
Our District Direct Team work directly with the Norfolk and Norwich Hospital, Hellesdon Hospital, Discharge Facilitation Services, Housing Authorities and Adult Social Care to ensure that people are discharged from hospital as soon as it safe for them to be so. Sometimes, it is the small, practical things that can delay this rather than any clinical need. The post-holder will be working at the direction of District Direct Officers and the District Direct team leader to assess the suitability for discharge of patients homes, provide immediate support post-discharge and feed information into the clinical teams and discharge planning hub.
Working at the Council enables you to be part of an organisation which is proud to deliver high-quality, customer focussed services. Our success comes from us being commercially astute and business-like. Continuous improvement is also vital and we challenge ourselves to develop new and innovative ways to improve the services that make a real difference to people’s lives.
What you’ll be doing…
Taking and actioning referrals from the clinical teams and the Home First Hub
Arranging any home modifications to enable discharge
Arranging cleaning services as necessary
Liaising with patients’ families to make discharge arrangements
Visiting patients’ homes prior to discharge to identify any potential difficulties
Liaising with hospital staff to arrange home visits
Ensuring that the Team Leader is informed in the most timely manner of any factor that may delay discharge.
You must have…
Great communication skills across a range of partners
Full driving licence
Access to your own vehicle
Ability to work to extremely tight timescales
What’s in it for you…
Our package includes:
- 25 days holiday increasing to 28 days after 5 years service plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part time employees)
- Opportunity to work your hours flexibly to improve your work life balance (where operationally possible)
- Employer pension contributions of 15% with the option to make additional voluntary contributions
- Access to our One Team Rewards scheme including discounts in high street shops and restaurants, employee assistance programme, cycle to work scheme and a car lease scheme.
- Payroll giving scheme
- Refer a friend scheme
- Regular reviews with your line manager, develop a personal development plan, as well as opportunities to undertake personal professional development training
- Compassionate leave and sickness entitlement for times of need
- Support towards volunteering days in the community and encouragement to be involved with fun activities to raise money for local and national charities.
If external, please apply via our website. If internal, please apply via submitting your expression of interest to the relevant recruiting manager, a template for an expression of interest can be found on Connect.
Closing date: 17 January 2023
Interview date: 24 January 2023
*The Councils reserve the right to close the any and all vacancies after one week, if there is judged to be a sufficient number of applications received.
Please note that this post is subject to a satisfactory criminal record check.