Property & Construction
Supporting our (Property) Disrepair and Intervention Manager, you will deal with a high volume of cases, and support with managing Pre-Action Disrepair and Intervention cases ensuring claims are progressed in line with the Protocol/agreed timescale. The sorts of cases you’ll deal with relate to repeat housing repairs (eg water leaks), rectifying and identifying the source of the problem so we can resolve promptly.
The work involves a lot of data analysis and liaison with various stakeholders within our business. The successful candidate will be able to produce summary case reports and proactively assess Repair Intervention cases to mitigate potential risks to the customers and/or the business. This includes reviewing concerns which may have been raised by our technicians and could include Health & Safety Rating System (HHSRS) related risks.
This could suit you if you are working/have worked in a similar role and have good knowledge of property and or social housing problems and repairs.
Perhaps you’ve worked at a more senior level and want to apply your considerable experience and expertise without having to manage a team or budget? Or maybe you’ve reached the top of your game in a property repairs role and you want to move on to the next step? Whichever, we’d be very interested to hear from you if you have the following:
- Substantial experience within building maintenance fields
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the Pre-Action Disrepair Protocol and other relevant landlord and tenant/leaseholder legislation.
- A proven track record of successfully handling a caseload to a high standard and working under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- The ability to assess large volumes of data and highlight ongoing issues and potential risks to the customer and/or the business
- Able to make an informed decision on the actions required to resolve any concerns highlighted.
- Strong stakeholder management skills: Ability to form and maintain good working relationships at all levels, both internally and externally with excellent negotiation and influencing skills
- Excellent administration and accurate record keeping skills
The work is varied and interesting and you will work across the business with internal stakeholders informing them of repair trends and anomalies, making appropriate recommendations for remedial actions, ensuring that repairs are dealt with, and parties are effectively communicated with, ensuring issues are resolved satisfactorily and safely.
Paradigm employs more than 580 staff, has over 16,000 properties, with an annual turnover of +£120million, we are a financially strong, safety conscious, and an environmentally aware social housing provider. We endeavour to make the best use of our resources in order to provide a cost effective and professional service to our customers. We aim to provide a first fix service where possible, with professional, polite and competent people delivering and exceeding on our Customer Care Standards.
We are a Best Companies 1 STAR accredited organisation in recognition of our high employee engagement and offer a welcoming and friendly environment. We offer a very generous package including the following: We offer a very generous package including the following:
- Holidays – 25 days to start (this rises with service to a maximum of 30 days) plus 3 paid days between Xmas and new year when we close, plus the opportunity to buy up to another 5 days – subject to conditions.
- Pension scheme: employee minimum contribution of 3% and Paradigm will contribute 7.5% or 9.5% depending on the employee’s contribution rate.
- Car Leasing scheme (subject to conditions)
- Annual Bonus potential
- Professional Sponsorship Scheme (subject to conditions) and professional subscriptions paid
- Family Friendly policies incl generous Paternity, Maternity, Shared parental and adoption leave, sabbaticals and more
- Health Cash Plan – worth over £1,800 p/a includes Dental, Optical, Prescriptions and Flu jabs, Physiotherapy, Chiropractic therapy, Reflexology, Sports massage and more. It’s free to add up to 4 dependent children aged up to 24yrs (if in f/t education) and each child is entitled to 50% worth of your allowance for each category!
- Up to 3 paid ‘Giving Back’ Volunteer days a year
- Employee rewards platform
- Opportunities for career advancement – if that’s what you want, but it’s fine if you don’t.
- Social events, such as Quiz nights, Xmas Party, Summer BBQ
We support flexible working and welcome applications from all sections of the communities we work in shortlisting will be conducted in line with the essential and desirable criteria set out in the person specification.