We have the perfect entry-level opportunity for you to start your career in development as a Development Officer Apprentice. This role will be a 2-year fixed term contract which includes completing a Level 4 APM (Associate Project Management) Qualification.
The main purpose of this role is to assist carrying out project management work in the delivery of housing, regeneration and other new business activities, to ensure the Group’s growth objectives are achieved successfully.
Some key accountabilities:
- To work through the post’s training plan, commenting on applicability where appropriate and producing evidence of progress against targets
- To undertake and provide support to day to day project work involved in the delivery of the Group’s new development schemes.
- To assist liaising with internal teams on project requirements and specification.
- To understand the process and systems to review new development opportunities and undertake appraisals. This will involve assisting to write reports to the Head of Delivery.
- With support, attend site meetings as necessary.
- Assist updating development scheme finances and report to the Head of Delivery on variations and cash flow.
As part of your role you will be an effective team player and confidently convey Group requirements to external agencies, you will show the ability to liaise with other teams to ensure delivery of wider corporate goals and to produce accurate and concise reports and also have involvement at all levels to maintain effective and productive working relationships.
It would be great if you can show previous experience of communicating effectively and experience of working within prescribed framework.
We are looking for someone with a can-do attitude, is a team player, able to organise and prioritise workload and is professional and approachable, with an openness to learn.
You will feel confident to prepare letters and reports, accurately file documents and can have the ability to use IT, in particular Excel to produce development appraisals and spreadsheets.
A satisfactory basic level Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is essential for this role. A full driving license is desirable.
The successful candidate will have 5 A*-C/Grade 9-4 GCSE’s, show that they can confidently use Microsoft office and other ICT systems and show an interest in either Housing, or project management.
This role is Monday – Friday (37 hours) and you will have one day per week dedicated to completing your course.
What do we offer?
In return, we can offer a competitive salary and an excellent base within walking distance of the shops and cafes of Watford town centre. In addition to 28 days annual leave + closure days at Christmas + bank holidays, employer pension contribution up to 11%, development opportunities and employee rewards which include shopping vouchers, duvet days and free massages
When applying for Watford Community Housing, please consider our organisation’s values:
• Professional – We are honest, open and respectful. People trust us to keep our promises.
• Collaborative – We work together as one team and build lasting partnerships to get results.
• Forward-thinking – We have a can-do attitude and embrace opportunities to improve and innovate.
*We reserve the right to close this advert earlier if a suitable candidate is found.*
Closing date: 26th August
Testing: w/c 30th August
Interview dates: from w/c 30th August
Start date: September