Property & Construction
This is a very exciting time to be joining Paradigm Housing Group. With 15,000 properties, a turnover of £115m and a substantial development and sales programme, we are making the most of our many opportunities in a challenging but rewarding environment.
We have a clear and ambitious view of where we are as an organisation and where we need to get to; providing more homes for people who need them by running an efficient and successful business.
Paradigm employs around 480 people and approximately 35 of these work in our Development Directorate, many are working from home, some in the office and others a combination. Reporting to the Head of Delivery working within the Delivery Team of (5 people), including another Development Manager and two Senior Development Managers, you will take responsibility and accountability for allocated development projects and ensure that they are delivered on time, within budget and to the required quality. Managing the handover in conjunction with other development professionals to deliver homes to Sales and Operations upon completion. Ensure compliance to all health and safety regulations and that CDM and Principal Designer obligations are completed.
In this role you will:
- Project management of a portfolio of development projects from inception to completion. Providing regular progress reports to Head of Project Delivery highlighting risks, opportunities and divergences from agreed time, cost or quality parameters.
- Working closely with the Technical Manager, Land team, Sales team and Senior Site Inspectors to manage the project delivery.
- Carry out financial appraisals of development projects and keep the costs under regular review, reporting changes via the Head of Project Delivery / Development Panel.
- Ensure proactive management of the allocated projects to cost targets, compliance with defined standards, policies, procedures and statutory requirements, both in active and tendering developments.
- Carry out a comprehensive risk assessment for each project and keep the risk register under regular review ensuring that the mitigation actions are taken in a timely manner and new risks identified are reported accordingly to the Head of Project Delivery.
- Review the Employer’s Agent and Senior Site Inspector’s work and act as a point of escalation
- Ensure that all allocated projects are compliant with Health & Safety procedures & practices
- Evaluate projects on completion to gain feedback and ideas from tenants, purchasers and colleagues, and use the knowledge gained to improve future projects and processes as appropriate by commissioning “lessons learnt” reviews and reporting recommendations to the Head of Design and Quality.
With a structured approach to project management (ideally with a recognised qualification) and a contractual and commercial approach to schemes, you will have completed a H&S qualification such as IOSH/NBOSH.
Strong computer literacy, including development-specific packages e.g. ProVal / Sequel (or similar)
This role will involve travel; therefore a full UK driving license is essential. Although working remotely currently, the role is primarily based at our offices in Near High Wycombe/Beaconsfield, Buckinghamshire (3 mins drive from junction 3 of the M40), the role is full time, but we are open to flexible working flexible for the right candidate.
This is real opportunity to develop your career and make a difference in the provision of good quality affordable housing to people, who otherwise might may otherwise have difficulty accessing with standard market rates.
A cover letter is not necessary, however we do ask that you provide your answers to the questions below and attach your CV as part of your application:
- Do you hold a full UK driving licence AND have your own vehicle? Y/N (Please specify any endorsement points here…………..)
- Do you hold either (or both) of these qualifications: IOSH qualification or NEBOSH qualification? Please specify…………
- Do you have a recognised degree level qualification in a construction related discipline? Y/N - if yes, please specify: ……………
- Please tell us about your approach to project management in successfully managing the development delivery process, in particular, your experience and understanding of:
- main and sub-contractor procurement and management
- property and contract law, including your experience in obtaining planning permission
- development appraisal methodology and how you monitored the financial performance of your development projects
This is a great opportunity to join us at a time when you can have a real and personal impact on the future success of our business.
At Paradigm, we work hard, strive for excellence, in return we offer a great place to work an attractive range of benefits such as Health Cash Plan, Bonus potential, competitive Pension options and 25 days Holiday on starting in addition to 3 days closure at Christmas as well as supporting flexible ways of working. We welcome applications from all sections of the communities we work in.
Shortlisting will be conducted in line with the essential and desirable criteria set out in the person specification.
We reserve the right to close this role earlier than the published date should a suitable candidate be identified.