Property & Construction
Do you have passion and drive for adding value to a Housing organisation that has a strong social purpose to help people find a home?
As Design and Quality Manager (Post-Contract), you will be a key member of the Design and Quality Team of 5 reporting to the Head of Design and Quality. You will be responsible for managing the design, specification, and delivery of high-quality residential projects in conjunction with internal stakeholders.
You will also have line management responsibility for the Home Assurance Officer who is responsible for ensuring that all relevant documentation, certificates, and assurances for projects are provided within the agreed programme and uploading onto PHG systems.
Providing quality control and a technical service on all assigned projects to ensure compliance with the required quality standard and will undertake relevant technical due diligence, identifying risks and opportunities, ensuring schemes meet Paradigm Housing Group’s design and quality standards, clearly identifying any divergence.
This post will play a pivotal role in supporting the New Business and Delivery Teams to ensure that our new homes meet our stringent design and quality standards, that our construction sites and our new homes are safe and complaint.
Liaising with external housebuilders, developers, contractors, and consultants; customers and colleagues within Paradigm, Homes England, and Local Authority partners.
This role will involve some travel to sites principally in Buckinghamshire, Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire, South Cambridgeshire, along with Eastern Oxfordshire, therefore a full UK driving license and access to a vehicle is essential. Business mileage is paid at the prevailing rate of 45p per mile less home to office, in line with our policy.
We operate hybrid working with 2 days p/w at our offices in High Wycombe/Beaconsfield, Buckinghamshire (3 mins drive from junction 3 of the M40), the role is a full-time role.
This is real opportunity to develop your career and make a difference to provide good quality housing to people, who otherwise might not be able to access suitable accommodation.
About you: We are looking for someone who is diligent, thorough, organised, and methodical, with a sound understanding and experience to work with the Delivery Team to provide technical support from contract commencement through to practical completion and end of defects stages
Our ideal candidate has:
- Recognised degree-level qualification preferably in a construction-related discipline, OR equivalent senior industry experience.
- Membership of relevant professional body (CIOB, RICS, RIBA)
- Strong knowledge of Building Regulations and technical warranty standards
- In depth and up to date knowledge of the construction process and Contracts
- Ability to check the quality of key golden thread data / documents e.g., O & M manuals/ compliance documents etc ahead of practical completion and report accordingly.
- Minimum of IOSH Managing Health & Safety qualification
- Understanding of the implications of UK goal to bring all greenhouse gas emissions to net zero by 2050 and its potential impact on housing development.
- Significant and proven experience of residential property development for a Housing Association, or house builder
- Effective communication and influencing skills.
About us: We are a values’ driven, ambitious organisation. We are Best Companies 1 STAR accredited organisation in recognition of our high employee engagement and offer a welcoming and friendly environment. We are clearly focussed on the delivery of our five-year corporate plan with ambitious and challenging objectives including improving our environment and sustainability targets to deliver quality homes to people who need them.
We offer a very generous package including the following:
- Holidays – 25 days to start (this rises with service to a maximum of 30 days) plus 3 paid days between Xmas and new year when we close, plus the opportunity to buy up to another 5 days – subject to conditions.
- Pension scheme: employee minimum contribution of 3% and Paradigm will contribute 7.5% or 9.5% depending on employee contribution rate.
- Annual Bonus potential
- Professional Sponsorship Scheme (subject to conditions) and professional subscriptions paid.
- Family Friendly policies incl generous Paternity, Maternity, Shared parental and adoption leave, sabbaticals and more
- Health Cash Plan – worth over £1,800 p/a includes Dental, Optical, Prescriptions and Flu jabs, Physiotherapy, Chiropractic therapy, Reflexology, Sports massage and more.
- Hybrid working.
- Up to 3 paid Volunteer days a year
- Modern collaborative offices, with free parking and charging points for electric vehicles.
- Car Leasing scheme (subject to conditions)
- Opportunities for career advancement
- Social events, such as Quiz nights, Xmas Party, Summer BBQ
We support flexible ways of working and welcome applications from all sections of the communities we work in.