IT & Communication Technology
Salary and Hours: £42,439 to £47,587 per annum, 37 hours per week
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Thorpe Lodge, Yarmouth Road, Norwich, NR7 0DU / Horizon Business Centre, Peachman Way, Broadland Business Park, Norwich NR7 0WF
Are you an experienced IT professional looking for a new role in the exciting world of Information and Cyber Security? Then look no further!
Role Snapshot… The Cyber and Information Security Officer is a new role in recognition of the rising profile of Cyber and the need to develop and implement a framework of security practices, measures and controls in order to maintain the security, confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the Councils’ information assets and systems.
What you could be part of…
As a Senior member of ICT & Digital, you will be part of a team which is at the very heart of the Councils business, providing industry-class digital and technology solutions to support our colleagues across the Councils and transform the way in which we work and collaborate as One Team.
We are committed to developing and improving as a team and at individual level, professionalising ourselves through industry standards and accreditations, creating a great workplace, and equipping the team with the skills and the tools they require to be successful.
Working at the Council enables you to be part of an organisation which is proud to deliver high-quality, customer focussed services. Our success comes from us being commercially astute and business-like. Continuous improvement is also vital, and we challenge ourselves to develop new and innovative ways to improve the services that make a real difference to people’s lives.
What you’ll be doing…
- Developing and implementing policies, standards and processes for security operations, ensuring that they are maintained and remain fit for purpose
- Ensuring that the Security Posture is aligned to the strategy and risk appetite of the Councils’
- Monitors and maintains the Security Posture, ensuring the veracity of the security controls and processes through regular testing and vulnerability assessment
- Monitoring and identifying risks or potential risks across the enterprise, and developing and implementing mitigation strategies and countermeasures
- Reviewing actual or potential security breaches and vulnerabilities and ensuring that they are promptly and thoroughly investigated. Recommending actions and appropriate control improvements
- Conducting security risk assessments and business impact analysis for new services and changes to existing services, ensuring security principles are applied as appropriate
- Planning and organising the activities to ensure ongoing compliance to PSN and relevant accreditations
- Investigating security incidents or near-misses and leads on the response to security incidents, ensuring and assuring the readiness of the team to respond to any security incident or event
- Establishing yourself as the organisational lead for Information and Cyber Security, ensuring a high level of awareness of cyber and information security threats and risks
- Keeping up to date with the latest cyber security and information regulations, practices and guidance ensuring, where appropriate, these are adopted.
You must have…
A deep understanding of Microsoft technologies, specifically M365
High level awareness of infrastructure and how components combine to protect and ensure the security, confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the Councils information assets
Risk and compliance management
Information and Cyber security tool and controls
Cyber incident response planning and execution
Demonstrable track record of building excellent stakeholder relationships and promoting the importance of information and cyber security
What’s in it for you…
Why Work For Us?
Do you want to know more about why our staff work for us? Our website has a fantastic why work for us section where our staff tell us what makes working for the Councils so special.
What Flexible and Hybrid Working Arrangements do we Offer?
The Councils understand the importance of operating a work life balance in the modern world. The Councils operate a flexible working policy and hybrid working options available for employees where operationally possible.
Where Are We Located?
Plan your travel route and find out where the Council office sites are located?
Our website has an amazing interactive map showing all our Council sites and the travel and route plan for each.
What Roles Do the Councils Offer?
The Councils operate a vast and diverse number of services for our residents, so with this comes a vast and diverse amount of job roles within the Councils. Our website has a great graphic showing all our job families and roles within the Councils. From here you can plan your career with the Councils or get some ideas on other roles that you may be interested in.
What Benefits do our Employees Receive?
View all our amazing staff benefits on offer for our employees. Our website has a brilliant benefits section allowing you to see the range of discounts, exclusive offers and total rewards our employees receive. Make sure you stop by to find out more information.
What Employer Accreditations do we Hold?
The Councils have a range of employer accreditations that we have worked very hard to achieve. Our website has a full descriptive list of all our current accreditations and what this means for our employees.
What Wellbeing Support do our Staff Have Access to?
The Councils want to ensure all our employees have a safe comfortable place to work, ensuring that employees feel empowered to actively manage their own wellbeing both at work and at home. The Councils have a large wellbeing section available on the website outlining our commitment to the wellbeing of the employees of the Council.
Where are we advertising?
Advertising Internally Only
Please apply via submitting your expression of interest to the relevant recruiting manager, a template for an expression of interest can be found on Connect.
Closing Date: Sunday 29th January 2023
Interview Dates: To be confirmed