Love being busy, working in a fast-paced operational team?
In this role you will act as the first point of contact for our customers, via the phone, face to face, digital and postal channels. Effectively and efficiently resolving enquiries and signposting where relevant. Being the first port of call, you will be friendly, polite and professional with the ability to multi-task and enjoy problem solving.
What you could be part of…
As a Customer Services, Post and Scanning Officer you will work with the team as part of the Resources Directorate welcoming a variety of customers.
Working at the Council enables you to be part of an organisation which is proud to deliver high-quality, customer focussed services. Our success comes from us being commercially astute and business-like. Continuous improvement is also vital, and we challenge ourselves to develop new and innovative ways to improve the services that make a real difference to people’s lives.
What you’ll be doing…
- Deal with customer enquiries across a range of contact channels such as social media, the website, face-to-face and post.
- Provide a first point of contact via telephone and operate an efficient switchboard service with signposting, dealing efficiently and professionally with customers and their queries in line with the One Team values.
- Work as part of a team to ensure standards and performance targets are met, keeping the customer at the heart of our continuous service improvement approach.
- Support our customers to use the best channels to access our services, including encouraging them to use self-serve where possible and/or re-directing them to the right service areas.
You must have…
- Experience in a customer facing environment and administrative experience in a similar related role.
- Experience of working with a variety of IT systems at one time.
- Excellent communication skills supported by experience of dealing with external companies and internal.
- Ability to make sound decisions to resolve customers issues.
What’s in it for you…
Why Work For Us?
Do you want to know more about why our staff work for us? Our website has a fantastic why work for us section where our staff tell us what makes working for the Councils so special.
What Flexible and Agile Working Arrangements do we Offer?
The Councils understand the importance of operating a work life balance in the modern world. The Councils operate a flexible working policy and agile working options available for employees where operationally possible.
What Roles Do the Councils Offer?
The Councils operate a vast and diverse number of services for our residents, so with this comes a vast and diverse amount of job roles within the Councils. Our website has a great graphic showing all our job families and roles within the Councils. From here you can plan your career with the Councils or get some ideas on other roles that you may be interested in.
What Benefits do our Employees Receive?
View all our amazing staff benefits on offer for our employees. Our website has a brilliant benefits section allowing you to see the range of discounts, exclusive offers and total rewards our employees receive. Make sure you stop by to find out more information.
What Employer Accreditations do we Hold?
The Councils have a range of employer accreditations that we have worked very hard to achieve. Our website has a full descriptive list of all our current accreditations and what this means for our employees.
What Wellbeing Support do our Staff Have Access to?
The Councils want to ensure all our employees have a safe comfortable place to work, ensuring that employees feel empowered to actively manage their own wellbeing both at work and at home. The Councils have a large wellbeing section available on the website outlining our commitment to the wellbeing of the employees of the Council.
Where are we advertising?
Advertising Internally and Externally
If external, please apply via our website. If internal, please apply via submitting your expression of interest to the relevant recruiting manager; a template for an expression of interest can be found on Connect.
If you any questions about the role, then please don’t hesitate to contact the recruiting manager or the HR Team, who will be happy to answer any questions on the role or the Councils.
Closing date: Sunday 26 November
The Councils reserve the right to close any and all vacancies at any time if there is judged to be a sufficient number of applications received.
Interview date: Week Commencing Monday 04 December