Do you have as much enthusiasm as our customers?
To be part of the Customer Services and Administration team ensuing strong and customer-focused services, high quality administrative and systems support to our residents whilst working in partnership with our waste contractor Veolia. Then read on...
What you could be part of…
Our fantastic team provides waste services for all the households and some of the businesses located in Broadland. Working predominately for our Broadland customer base, you will provide excellent customer service, administration as well as systems support.
Working at the Council enables you to be part of an organisation which is proud to deliver high-quality, customer focussed services. Our success comes from us being commercially astute and business-like. Continuous improvement is also vital, and we challenge ourselves to develop new and innovative ways to improve the services that make a real difference to people’s lives.
What you’ll be doing…
Act as the first point of contact for customers and contractors, managing incoming communications (including telephone, email, web, face to face and written correspondence) - prioritise, distribute and initiate actions for response as appropriate, ensuring a high standard of customer care and service and taking ownership for the resolution of enquires wherever possible and liaising with other council services where necessary.
- Utilise the service systems ensuring accuracy and completeness of inputs, whilst adhering to compliance obligations.
- Provide and maintain administrative support including word processing and simple data analysis including sourcing data from multiple systems (reports, work flow diagrams and PowerPoint presentations), filing and database recording and monitoring systems, ensuring accuracy of data at all times.
- Check and verify customer requests, updating computer systems and gather statistics and other information for reports, returns and requests for information as required.
- Raise sales ledger invoices and associated bad debt administration, purchase orders including reconciliation and goods receipting, manage monthly direct debit and single point of billing systems, various grants, licences and registration details. Taking payments, setting up new debtors’/creditors’ direct debit payments for ongoing services and updating and maintaining the finance system as necessary,
- Assist the business in developing new and improving existing office systems to meet the overall Directorate objectives, including financial and customer systems and processes such as GDPR and DBS checks.
You must have…
- Administrative experience in a similar or related role including taking responsibility for own workload
- Experience of working under own initiative and within a team
- Excellent customer service and communication skills covering a wide range of communication channels, including telephone, email and social media
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office packages (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) including running reports
- The ability to demonstrate tact, discretion and confidentiality particularly when dealing with member of the public and occasionally with contentious issues.
- Ability to multi-task, have good time management and attention to detail
- Professional and confident telephone manner
What’s in it for you…
Why Work For Us?
Do you want to know more about why our staff work for us? Our website has a fantastic why work for us section where our staff tell us what makes working for the Councils so special.
What Flexible and Agile Working Arrangements do we Offer?
The Councils understand the importance of operating a work life balance in the modern world. The Councils operate a flexible working policy and agile working options available for employees where operationally possible.
What Roles Do the Councils Offer?
The Councils operate a vast and diverse number of services for our residents, so with this comes a vast and diverse amount of job roles within the Councils. Our website has a great graphic showing all our job families and roles within the Councils. From here you can plan your career with the Councils or get some ideas on other roles that you may be interested in.
What Benefits do our Employees Receive?
View all our amazing staff benefits on offer for our employees. Our website has a brilliant benefits section allowing you to see the range of discounts, exclusive offers and total rewards our employees receive. Make sure you stop by to find out more information.
What Employer Accreditations do we Hold?
The Councils have a range of employer accreditations that we have worked very hard to achieve. Our website has a full descriptive list of all our current accreditations and what this means for our employees.
What Wellbeing Support do our Staff Have Access to?
The Councils want to ensure all our employees have a safe comfortable place to work, ensuring that employees feel empowered to actively manage their own wellbeing both at work and at home. The Councils have a large wellbeing section available on the website outlining our commitment to the wellbeing of the employees of the Council.
Where are we advertising?
Advertising Internally and Externally
If external, please apply via our website. If internal, please apply via submitting your expression of interest to the relevant recruiting manager; a template for an expression of interest can be found on Connect.
If you any questions about the role, then please don’t hesitate to contact the recruiting manager or the HR Team, who will be happy to answer any questions on the role or the Councils.
Closing date: 1 October 2023 at 11:30PM
The Councils reserve the right to close any and all vacancies at any time if there is judged to be a sufficient number of applications received.
Interview date: Week Commencing 2 October