Other Information: Please note,as an organisation we are also committed to being a Real Living Wage employer, meaning all of our staff will be paid a minimum of £10.90 per hour which equates to £21,029 per annum.
Do you have as much enthusiasm as our customers?
Do you enjoy fitness, wellbeing and thrive on being part of busy team working a range of shifts and dealing with the public? Do you want to work with an enthusiastic team delivering excellent customer service in our café and on reception?
What you could be part of…
Long Stratton Leisure Centre boasts an 80-station state of the art gym, with 2 studios, café, soft play, multi-functional sports hall, and a 9-a-side 3G pitch.
You will be joining a hard-working and passionate team and delivering a high standard service to our members. The role is highly customer focused; you will be working within the team on café and reception ensuring our customers have the best experience with us.
Working at the Council enables you to be part of an organisation which is proud to deliver high-quality, customer focused services. Our success comes from us being commercially astute and business-like. Continuous improvement is also vital, and we challenge ourselves to develop new and innovative ways to improve the services that make a real difference to peoples’ lives.
What you’ll be doing…
- Acting as first point of contact for all membership and usage enquiries, directing customers to solutions and resolve any conflicts in the most appropriate manner.
- Receiving and processing transactional payments.
- Following up on general enquiries and undertaking tasks to retain membership levels.
- Assisting with the delivery of events and hospitality across the centre.
- Preparing, presenting and serving food and drink in accordance with the highest standards of food hygiene and presentation.
- Undertaking regular monitoring checks of our soft play area and resolve any issues (LSLC only).
- Carrying out tasks in relation to your specific area of responsibility, such as stock checks, health and safety checks, ladder checks etc.
- Following operational and health and safety procedures and training as directed, to maintain a high standard for both staff and the general public, including emergency evacuation procedures.
- Maintaining and monitoring stock and assist in stock-take and valuation for all areas.
- Providing operational support as and when needed to facilitate the smooth running of the centre for staff and those using the facilities. These duties could include cleaning, setting up for activity bookings, centre tours and reception duties.
You must have…
Level 2 NVQ in Customer Service or equivalent experience in a customer facing environment.
Level 2 food hygiene certificate or must be prepared to undertake within 2 months of employment.
Ability to work a combination of early, day and late shifts over a 7-day period to accommodate the centres opening hours on a rota basis.
Awareness of safeguarding requirements
Good communication, tact, teamwork, and customer service skills.
Capability to multitask and work under pressure to meet deadlines whilst maintaining accuracy and attention to detail.
An interest in leisure and the ability to inspire, motivate and encourage people through fitness.
Proficient IT skills, with experience of working with IT systems and Microsoft Office.
What’s in it for you…
Why Work For Us?
Do you want to know more about why our staff work for us? Our website has a fantastic why work for us section where our staff tell us what makes working for the Councils so special.
What Flexible and Agile Working Arrangements do we Offer?
The Councils understand the importance of operating a work life balance in the modern world. The Councils operate a flexible working policy and agile working options available for employees where operationally possible.
What Roles Do the Councils Offer?
The Councils operate a vast and diverse number of services for our residents, so with this comes a vast and diverse amount of job roles within the Councils. Our website has a great graphic showing all our job families and roles within the Councils. From here you can plan your career with the Councils or get some ideas on other roles that you may be interested in.
What Benefits do our Employees Receive?
View all our amazing staff benefits on offer for our employees. Our website has a brilliant benefits section allowing you to see the range of discounts, exclusive offers and total rewards our employees receive. Make sure you stop by to find out more information.
What Employer Accreditations do we Hold?
The Councils have a range of employer accreditations that we have worked very hard to achieve. Our website has a full descriptive list of all our current accreditations and what this means for our employees.
What Wellbeing Support do our Staff Have Access to?
The Councils want to ensure all our employees have a safe comfortable place to work, ensuring that employees feel empowered to actively manage their own wellbeing both at work and at home. The Councils have a large wellbeing section available on the website outlining our commitment to the wellbeing of the employees of the Council.
Where are we advertising?
We are advertising internally and externally.
If external, please apply via our website. If internal, please apply via submitting your expression of interest to the relevant recruiting manager; a template for an expression of interest can be found on Connect.
If you any questions about the role, then please don’t hesitate to contact the recruiting manager or the HR Team, who will be happy to answer any questions on the role or the Councils.
Closing date: 02 April 2023 at 11:30PM
The Councils reserve the right to close any and all vacancies at any time if there is judged to be a sufficient number of applications received.
Interview date: To be confirmed