Business Development & Sales
- Do you naturally like to help and support others when working in a team environment?
- Rate yourself as a top Customer Service Assistant?
If yes, then SCA has the perfect role for you.
SCA Wood UK are going through some exciting changes. The aim is to further support SCA’s customer expectations, whilst also expanding our Merchant Customer base.
Therefore, we are looking for a Customer Services and Sales Assistant who is able to support our small but busy sales office.
Your next challenge
Working under a strong leadership team, supporting the internal and external sales teams to improve our profitability, you'll be central to providing customer service and administration support.
With our customers being big players in the builder’s merchant sector, you will be working to tight deadlines and prioritising administration activities for multiple sales colleagues, as well as our customers directly.
This role would suit someone who has experience of working in a customer services team that has had exposure to a sales environment. The ideal candidate will be personable by nature with top class techniques of liaising with customers and dealing with any complaints. Knowledge of timber with experience in a production & warehouse environment would be extremely advantageous. If you are whizz on excel, this will also go in your favour.
What ‘wood’ you be doing?
Customer Service and Sales Assistant, on a day to day basis will be expected to:
- Provide a quality service to all customers, by managing incoming and outgoing phone calls.
- Develop positive business relationships with our customers, including our internal customers.
- Prioritise and input customer orders received within agreed timescales.
- Respond to sales enquiries using agreed procedures and timescales.
Hours: Monday-Friday 8am-5pm (40 hour contract)
What ‘wood’ you be like?
- Great attitude with a genuine like for customers
- Proactive in finding solutions.
- Desire to go above and beyond
What we can offer you?
SCA Wood UK prides itself on our values of Respect, Responsibility and Excellence.
Not only will we provide you with a work environment which is fun, fast paced and nice to work in, we offer a competitive benefits package!
- Starting salary between £18,000-£20,000 but reviewable at interview depending on experience.
- Fantastic pension contribution of up to 10% of your salary
- Life Assurance x 4 of your basic salary
- 33 days annual leave including Bank Holidays
- Exclusive access to a discount and cashback scheme giving you the opportunity to save money from hundreds of retailers and services throughout the UK.