Do you have as much enthusiasm as our customers?
To be part of the Customer Services and Administration team ensuing strong and customer-focused services, high quality administrative and systems support to our residents whilst working in partnership with our waste contractor Veolia. Then read on...
What you could be part of…
Our fantastic team provides waste services for all the households and some of the businesses located in Broadland. Working predominately for our Broadland customer base, you will provide excellent customer service, administration as well as systems support.
Working at the Council enables you to be part of an organisation which is proud to deliver high-quality, customer focussed services. Our success comes from us being commercially astute and business-like. Continuous improvement is also vital, and we challenge ourselves to develop new and innovative ways to improve the services that make a real difference to people’s lives.
What you’ll be doing…
Act as the first point of contact for customers and contractors, managing incoming communications (including telephone, email, web, face to face and written correspondence) - prioritise, distribute and initiate actions for response as appropriate, ensuring a high standard of customer care and service and taking ownership for the resolution of enquires wherever possible and liaising with other council services where necessary.
- Utilise the service systems ensuring accuracy and completeness of inputs, whilst adhering to compliance obligations.
- Provide and maintain administrative support including word processing and simple data analysis including sourcing data from multiple systems (reports, work flow diagrams and PowerPoint presentations), filing and database recording and monitoring systems, ensuring accuracy of data at all times.
- Check and verify customer requests, updating computer systems and gather statistics and other information for reports, returns and requests for information as required.
- Raise sales ledger invoices and associated bad debt administration, purchase orders including reconciliation and goods receipting, manage monthly direct debit and single point of billing systems, various grants, licences and registration details. Taking payments, setting up new debtors’/creditors’ direct debit payments for ongoing services and updating and maintaining the finance system as necessary,
- Assist the business in developing new and improving existing office systems to meet the overall Directorate objectives, including financial and customer systems and processes such as GDPR and DBS checks.
You must have…
- Administrative experience in a similar or related role including taking responsibility for own workload
- Experience of working under own initiative and within a team
- Excellent customer service and communication skills covering a wide range of communication channels, including telephone, email and social media
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office packages (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) including running reports
- The ability to demonstrate tact, discretion and confidentiality particularly when dealing with member of the public and occasionally with contentious issues.
- Ability to multi-task, have good time management and attention to detail
- Professional and confident telephone manner
What’s in it for you…
Our package includes:
- 25 days holiday increasing to 28 days after 5 years’ service plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part time employees)
- Opportunity to work your hours flexibly to improve your work life balance (where operationally possible)
- Employer pension contributions of 15% with the option to make additional voluntary contributions
- Access to our One Team Rewards scheme including discounts in high street shops and restaurants, employee assistance programme, cycle to work scheme and a car lease scheme.
- Payroll giving scheme
- Refer a friend scheme
- Regular reviews with your line manager, develop a personal development plan, as well as opportunities to undertake personal professional development training
- Compassionate leave and sickness entitlement for times of need
- Support towards volunteering days in the community and encouragement to be involved with fun activities to raise money for local and national charities.
Closing date: 04 June 2023
The Councils reserve the right to close any and all vacancies at any time if there is judged to be a sufficient number of applications received.
Interview date: To be Confirmed