At Watford Community Housing, we provide vital services that help people to live better lives. We’re looking for a Customer Relations Officer to join our Customer Relations team. You will help us review our services from a customer perspective and ensure the team are providing an excellent customer experience throughout the organisation.
What’s the role?
As part of our Customer Relations team, you will use your customer service skills to help us deliver high-quality service to our customers, looking at ways to engage, support and improve the service we offer. You will work in partnership with other teams across the organisation to support our customers.
Your key areas of responsibility will focus on the customer and explore new ways of working. They are as follows:
- Proactive communication with our customers across a range of outlets; telephone, text, email, letter and social media
- Log and monitor feedback on the housing management system, ensuring requests and complaints are dealt with appropriately
- Visiting customers in their home to deal with complaints/requests
- Working with planners to arrange repair works and raise works orders
- Reporting customer satisfaction across all teams
The ideal candidate for this role will have recent and relevant experience within a similar role and as such will be able to demonstrate a good understanding of customer engagement and satisfaction measures, along with providing a high level of communication to both staff and customers whilst adhering to Data Protection protocol.
You’ll work effectively and proactively with colleagues to improve customer satisfaction and resolve customer queries.
In this role you will need to:
- Ensure a high standard of customer service
- Be forward-thinking and offer solutions for customers
- Work well as part of a team with a proactive attitude
What are we looking for?
You will be customer-focused, with the ability to interact empathetically with a wide variety of people. You’ll have an excellent grasp of customer satisfaction and an understanding of how this is measured. You will have a background in customer service, and knowledge of the housing or construction sectors would be a distinct advantage.
- Full driving licence and access to a car
- Enhanced DBS check
- Ability to use IT systems, particularly Word and Excel to accurately input, record and extract data
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a strong customer focus
- Ability to work as part of a team with a positive and proactive attitude to change
- Experience in a customer service environment dealing with complaints
- Planned/responsive repairs knowledge/experience
- Knowledge of the housing sector
- NVQ in Customer Service
- Basic repair knowledge
What can we offer you?
We know that people are our most valuable assets, so we offer a range of benefits including 28 days’ annual leave, an employer pension contribution of up to 11%, development opportunities and access to a comprehensive employee rewards scheme.