We are delighted to be working with our client based on the outskirts of Portsmouth. With over 20 years in the technology sector, our client prides itself on being one of the largest in its field and due to continued growth, and the launch of a new finance division, are looking for a Credit Control Administrator to join their team!
The Finance team are responsible for the preparation, maintenance, management and reporting of all areas of the financial performance of the business, alongside providing strategic insight and guidance to support future growth ambitions.
The Finance function is business critical; this role profile is open to review at regular intervals to ensure it stays aligned with the business strategy and on-going goals.
Your Credit Control Administrator Role:
The primary purpose of the role is to facilitate prompt payment from customers in accordance with company procedures and to deliver accurate and efficient management of service cancellations. Success will be demonstrated through low levels of overdue payments, accurate removal of services, the achievement of KPI’s, accurate billing of services and a low level of customer complaints.
Key Responsibilities include:
- To manage sales ledger debt in line with set KPI’s.
- Proactively manage large customers and anticipate payment defaults to ensure debts are collected in line with targets. Suggest appropriate actions to minimize the risk of late payments.
- Builds relationships with customers to ensure the timely settlement of fees due.
- Effectively manage cancellation requests in a timely professional manner ensuring all relevant processes are adhered to and KPI’s are met.
- Responsible for enforcing final settlement fees and collecting corresponding debt in line with contractual obligations.
- To suggest ways of improving cash collection efficiency and implement improvements upon approval of the Billing & Collections Supervisor
- Deliver communications to the relevant customer base in a timely, professional manner following process/template/instruction.
- Carry out appropriate reconciliations to ensure that the cancellation of services has been implemented across all platforms on the agreed contractual end date.
- Identify any trends and recommend resolutions/improvements to enhance productivity, profitability and customer satisfaction as applicable. Identify potential risk and recommend mitigation.
- Maintenance of customer accounts and credit limits.
- Addressing customer queries, where required working with the Senior Billing Administrator to do so.
- Working with the account management team and sales leads to leverage their customer relationships where necessary to effectively collect outstanding debts.
- Responsible for ensuring accurate completion of all relevant financial paperwork and records in a timely manner, identifying any issues, and where needed ensuring a full audit trail is available and all has been appropriately authorised in line with ISO accreditations and business responsibilities.
- To undertake ad hoc tasks from time to time as directed by the Finance Director.
This is a full time position based at our client’s head office in Fareham though flexible working can be considered.
Our Ideal Credit Control Administrator:
As this is a completely new division being headed up by the recently hired Finance Director, this is an exciting opportunity for candidates to share their expertise and ideas as a brand new team. Skills and attributes we are looking for are as follows:
- Quickly builds rapport and easily establishes relationships with customers. Relates well to different types of customers, listens and gets on with them.
- Takes ownership of issues through to resolution. Is able to use own initiative within a framework of guidelines to make commercial decisions in the best interest of the group.
- Fits in with the team. Develops effective and supportive relationships with colleagues, is considerate towards them and creates a sense of team spirit.
- Is reliable; follows direction from supervisors and respects policies and procedures. Shows commitment to the organisation and task completion.
- Provide a quality service. Maintains high professional standards and gets work right first time, showing a high degree of attention to detail.
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- At least 1 years’ experience in a customer facing credit control role, dealing with monthly recurring payment schedules.
- Taking ownership of issues from reporting through to resolution
- Able to negotiate acceptable outcomes with customer
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. GCSE English, grade A to C (or equivalent).
- Be able to analyse issues, investigate, identify causes and implement robust resolutions
- Proven ability to manage time and resources to ensure objectives and deadlines are achieved
- Excellent customer service skills for both internal and external customers
- Ability to acquire new knowledge and skills quickly and apply to business situations
- Ability and desire to improve methods of working
- Computer literate to an advanced level including knowledge and demonstrable experience in using Microsoft Office and the Internet
- A keen eye for detail and the ability to follow and make recommendations to process
- Interest or aptitude to working within an IT environment.
- Knowledge of large-scale billing and payment systems
- Experience in a B2B environment.
- Knowledge of the IT industry and cloud services
In return for your continued commitment, our client is offering the following package and benefits:
- Competitive Salary of £23,000 - £25,000 per annum depending on experience
- Holidays: 20 days plus bank holidays per annum. Rising by 1 day per year per each complete calendar year up to 25 days. Plus we operate a scheme whereby additional holiday can be purchased via uChooz up to a total of 30 days
- Additional days leave for birthday (Non-contractual details to be provided upon joining)
- Charity Day per year
- Pension: 4% employer contributions and 4% employee contributions for eligible employees
- Flexible benefits: cycle to work, discounted services, option to buy and sell extra holiday
- Life Assurance: 4 times salary
To not miss out on the opportunity to become our clients next Credit Control Administrator, register your interest by clicking apply now!We look forward to meeting you!