Fixed Term for 24 months
If you are an experienced and enthusiastic Project Manager, with a passion for environmental sustainability and outdoor recreation, then we would love to hear from you.
We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced project manager to coordinate and lead the development of Broadland Country Park, an exciting project aimed at creating a first-class outdoor recreation and conservation destination in the heart of Norfolk.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing all aspects of the project, from stakeholder engagement, volunteer coordination and planning to the design and commissioning of on-site facilities. This will include managing contractors and consultants, liaising with key partners and ensuring that all on site projects are delivered on time, within budget and to a high standard.
What you could be part of…
Working at the Council enables you to be part of a forward-thinking organisation which values high-quality, customer focused services which place environmental excellence at the heart of delivery. Our success comes from us being commercially astute and business-like. Continuous improvement is also vital, and we challenge ourselves to develop new and innovative ways to improve the services that make a real difference tour resident’s lives.
What you’ll be doing…
- Overseeing the day-to-day management of Broadland Country Park, including volunteer groups, on-site conservation activities and the delivery of key-visitor facilities
- Assisting with the promotion, communication, and marketing of the Broadland Country Park
- Developing partnerships, and working alongside key-stakeholders, to maximise the delivery of projects that support the development of Broadland Country Park as a first-class conservation and visitor destination in Norfolk
- Liaising and coordinating with relevant stakeholders to develop projects in line with the Councils’ delivery strategies
- Overseeing the procurement and management of contracts to ensure value for money and timely delivery of all on-site facilities
- Supporting opportunities to secure external funding to increase delivery of projects, where appropriate.
You must have…
- Project Management Qualification or equivalent up to 3 years’ industry experience
- Experience of developing and delivering projects
- Comprehensive working knowledge and understanding of current funding regimes, legislation, policy, and practice
- Experience of working within a funding environment with knowledge of developing projects and working collaboratively with external companies, agencies, or organisations to secure external funds
- The ability to work under pressure, independently and to tight deadlines, whilst demonstrating strong organisational skills, attention to detail and prioritisation techniques
- A background or interest in conservation and/or green infrastructure provision and delivery
- Experience of budget management within a large programme and project
- 71 - 85% of this role’s time will be spend on external communication.
What’s in it for you…
Why Work For Us?
Do you want to know more about why our staff work for us? Our website has a fantastic why work for us section where our staff tell us what makes working for the Councils so special.
What Flexible and Agile Working Arrangements do we Offer?
The Councils understand the importance of operating a work life balance in the modern world. The Councils operate a flexible working policy and agile working options available for employees where operationally possible.
What Roles Do the Councils Offer?
The Councils operate a vast and diverse number of services for our residents, so with this comes a vast and diverse amount of job roles within the Councils. Our website has a great graphic showing all our job families and roles within the Councils. From here you can plan your career with the Councils or get some ideas on other roles that you may be interested in.
What Benefits do our Employees Receive?
View all our amazing staff benefits on offer for our employees. Our website has a brilliant benefits section allowing you to see the range of discounts, exclusive offers and total rewards our employees receive. Make sure you stop by to find out more information.
What Employer Accreditations do we Hold?
The Councils have a range of employer accreditations that we have worked very hard to achieve. Our website has a full descriptive list of all our current accreditations and what this means for our employees.
What Wellbeing Support do our Staff Have Access to?
The Councils want to ensure all our employees have a safe comfortable place to work, ensuring that employees feel empowered to actively manage their own wellbeing both at work and at home. The Councils have a large wellbeing section available on the website outlining our commitment to the wellbeing of the employees of the Council.
Where are we advertising?
We are advertising internally and externally.
If external, please apply via our website. If internal, please apply via submitting your expression of interest to the relevant recruiting manager; a template for an expression of interest can be found on Connect.
If you any questions about the role, then please don’t hesitate to contact the recruiting manager or the HR Team, who will be happy to answer any questions on the role or the Councils.
Closing date: 28 May 2023 at 11:30PM
The Councils reserve the right to close any and all vacancies at any time if there is judged to be a sufficient number of applications received.
Interview date: 13 June 2023