Do you enjoy working in a busy team and dealing with customers?
Broadland and South Norfolk Council is an exciting place to work and a great place to make a real difference to people’s lives, delivering vital services to a quarter of a million people across the two districts. In order to achieve this, we need to collect Council Tax to pay for the delivery of our services.
This role involves being part of a fast-paced supportive team dealing with the public. You will be friendly, polite and professional - having a good eye for detail. Every day will bring a variety of work so you will need the ability to multi-task, with an excellent telephone manner and enjoy problem solving.
What you could be part of…
Broadland and South Norfolk Councils are in a partnership with staff working together for both Councils. This is an exciting time to join our organisation, as you will help us continue to build our One Team ethos.
We currently have some exciting opportunities to join our One Team as a Council Tax Officer.
What you’ll be doing…
- Dealing with Council Tax queries from customers by phone and correspondence.
- Working on billing and collection of Council Tax and processing changes of address and
circumstances on Council Tax accounts.
- Helping residents with their payments and understanding their bills, as well as explaining how Council Tax works.
- Learning relevant legislation to be able to accurately and correctly process changes.
- Have good literacy, numeracy and IT skills (ideally five GCSEs or equivalent to include Maths and English).
- Have excellent customer service skills
- Relevant experience in a customer facing environment and/or general administration experience
- Ensure that enquiries are dealt with, in a timely and professional manner
- Be a team player but also work on own initiative
- Have great communication skills – written and verbal
- Be able to accurately update computer systems and records
- above all, have enthusiasm.
You can view a full list of requirements in the Job Description and Person Specification (link below). If you think you have what it takes to be successful in this role, full training will be provided in this role, so even if you don’t meet all of the essential requirements, please do apply.
What’s in it for you…
Our package includes:
- 25 days holiday increasing to 28 days after 5 years’ service plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part time employees)
- Opportunity to work your hours flexibly to improve your work life balance (where operationally possible)
- Employer pension contributions of 15% with the option to make additional voluntary contributions
- Access to our One Team Rewards scheme including discounts in high street shops and restaurants, employee assistance programme and car lease scheme – with more to come!
- Payroll giving scheme
- Regular reviews with your line manager, develop a personal development plan, as well as opportunities to undertake training
- Compassionate leave and sickness entitlement for times of need
- Support towards volunteering days in the community and encouragement to be involved with fun activities to raise money for local and national charities.