Marketing & Communications
Join our dynamic team as a Corporate Partnership Manager and take the lead in forging impactful partnerships that drive success for our councils and the community!
This pivotal role focuses on identifying, negotiating, and managing sponsorship opportunities, playing a central part in both councils and the One Team. You will be instrumental in driving mutually beneficial relationships across a variety of platforms, including events, websites, publications, and awards.
- Identify and Secure Partnerships: Research potential corporate partners aligning with our initiatives, focusing on themes like economic growth, environmental stewardship, and support for vulnerable residents. Develop tailored sponsorship packages and lead negotiations to establish mutually beneficial partnerships.
- Manage Relationships: Oversee existing partnerships with a high level of customer service, ensuring smooth delivery of sponsorship benefits and fostering growth in these relationships.
- Achieve Revenue Targets: Your goal will be to not just meet, but exceed revenue targets, aiming to bring in substantial sponsorship income.
- Collaborate Internally: Work closely with the communications team for compelling pitches and materials. Understand frontline teams' work to develop meaningful partnerships.
- Administration Excellence: Maintain meticulous records of all sponsorships and produce regular outcome reports for senior management.
Your Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or related field.
- Proven experience in corporate relations or business development.
- Exceptional negotiation, relationship management, and communication skills.
- Autonomous and collaborative working ability.
- Familiarity with local government operations is a plus.
- Local and regional travel; a valid driving license is essential.
- Flexibility to represent the councils at events outside regular office hours.
This role is not just a job, it's an opportunity to make a significant impact in our community. If you have the leadership skills, persuasive abilities, and a track record of managing resources effectively, we want to hear from you!
Apply Now and be part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and making a difference!
What’s in it for you…
Why Work For Us?
Do you want to know more about why our staff work for us? Our website has a fantastic why work for us section where our staff tell us what makes working for the Councils so special.
What Flexible and Agile Working Arrangements do we Offer?
The Councils understand the importance of operating a work life balance in the modern world. The Councils operate a flexible working policy and agile working options available for employees where operationally possible.
What Roles Do the Councils Offer?
The Councils operate a vast and diverse number of services for our residents, so with this comes a vast and diverse amount of job roles within the Councils. Our website has a great graphic showing all our job families and roles within the Councils. From here you can plan your career with the Councils or get some ideas on other roles that you may be interested in.
What Benefits do our Employees Receive?
View all our amazing staff benefits on offer for our employees. Our website has a brilliant benefits section allowing you to see the range of discounts, exclusive offers and total rewards our employees receive. Make sure you stop by to find out more information.
What Employer Accreditations do we Hold?
The Councils have a range of employer accreditations that we have worked very hard to achieve. Our website has a full descriptive list of all our current accreditations and what this means for our employees.
What Wellbeing Support do our Staff Have Access to?
The Councils want to ensure all our employees have a safe comfortable place to work, ensuring that employees feel empowered to actively manage their own wellbeing both at work and at home. The Councils have a large wellbeing section available on the website outlining our commitment to the wellbeing of the employees of the Council.
Where are we advertising?
Advertising Internally and Externally
Please apply via submitting your expression of interest to the relevant recruiting manager; a template for an expression of interest can be found on Connect.
If you any questions about the role, then please don’t hesitate to contact the recruiting manager or the HR Team, who will be happy to answer any questions on the role or the Councils.
Closing date: 10 December 2023 at 11:30PM
The Councils reserve the right to close any and all vacancies at any time if there is judged to be a sufficient number of applications received.
Interview date: To be confirmed