Executive & Senior Mgt
Friends Fighting Cancer was originally formed in 2008, known then as Football for Cancer and was a single tournament. Over the last 14 years we have grown and developed into the Charity that we are today, one that has raised over One Million pounds for families and who have been affected by cancer.
“Support through Sport” is how we as a charity have been able to raise money for the families and charities that we have worked with over the last 14 years. As we now enter then next stage of our evolution as a Charity, a new and exciting opportunity has arisen for a Corporate and Community Giving Manager to join our team.
The Corporate and Community Giving Manager is responsible for the implementation and maintenance of a rolling programme of prospect identification, research and nurturing of relationships, specifically for corporate fundraising. Maximising income through excellent partnerships and a great supporter experience. This will include drafting and submitting applications, developing fundraising relationships and meeting partner requirements. The Corporate and Community Giving Manager will also be required to support with and attending fundraising events with the purpose of networking and relationship building.
The role will be to develop and maintain both internal and external contacts and will need to develop a thorough understanding of FFC business plans and strategic priorities.
Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- To support with the development and implementation of the corporate fundraising strategy
- You’ll need to meet challenging targets through a wide variety of methods - donations, sponsorships, cause related marketing, match funding and long-term strategic partnerships.
- To support with maintaining a portfolio of potential corporate supporters through regular research and maintain records for reporting and re-application along with a rolling calendar of charity of the year application deadlines.
- To be responsible for maintaining the corporate team’s prospect pipeline, ensuring information is accurate and up to date and risks to the pipeline are flagged
- To manage corporate partnerships and provide excellent stewardship, using innovative ways to keep all parties engaged and informed of progress at FFC.
- To help with identifying any risks that might be associated with potential corporate partners.
- Support the corporate team with compiling large fundraising proposals and applications for prospective and existing partners, and where appropriate present proposals.
- Where appropriate, represent FFC at public speaking and networking events.
- Proven track record of effective prospect research building a varied fundraising portfolio.
- Experience of fundraising from corporates.
- Experience of researching and developing targeted proposals for presentation to prospective supporters.
- Experience of developing and maintaining long term relationships with corporate or community supporters.
- Experience of attending meetings with corporates and pitching, or supporting with a Fundraising initiative pitch, with proven track record of success, or other presentation experience
- Full UK Licence.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent written skills including writing persuasive copy for funding proposals.
- Ability to monitor and evaluate patterns of support ensuring that full records are maintained on the database.
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to liaise with people at all levels, on the telephone, face to face and in writing, together with the ability to make presentations on fundraising ideas and the work of FFC to diverse audiences.
- Demonstrable initiative and determination.
- Proven ability to work alone as well as part of a team.
- Proven ability to prioritise work.
- Agile approach to work
- Good attention to detail and accurate record keeping.
- Good networking and relationship building ability.
- Experience of working within agreed budgetary constraints, ensuring that expenditure is maintained within budgets, and income is closely monitored.
Ideally you will have experience working as a Corporate Giving Manager, however if you have worked as a Corporate Fundraiser, Individual Giving Manager or Giving Manager and feel that you have the right skills and experience for the position then we are very interested in speaking with you.
Package and Benefits
- Competitive Salary and regular performance-based reviews.
- 20 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Birthday off (not a holiday day taken)
- 2 extra days off either side of Christmas day (no holiday days taken)