Care & Social Care
An exciting and rewarding opportunity has arisen for pro-active, enthusiastic and motivated individuals to join the Contracts Team as a Contracts Officer within the Manchester Local Care Organisation’s Adult Social Care Services. The role offers opportunities for personal/professional development and a chance for someone to bring their own skills, knowledge and experiences to contribute to service innovation and improvement within a fast-moving, demanding and ever-changing environment.
The department holds hundreds of social care contracts which require annual delivery and monitoring of with the support of internal ancillary teams. You will also have the opportunity to support procurements to secure high-quality health and care services.
You will assist senior members of the Commissioning and Contracts Teams in the negotiation and the commissioning of contracts for adult social care services from a range of providers and will also manage a portfolio of minimal and routine contracts, including organising and chairing contract review meetings, drafting contracts and resolving contractual issues and queries.
You will need to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of negotiating, drafting and managing contracts and having experience of resolving contractual disputes whilst maintaining effective relationships with those service providers (preferably in a social care or healthcare setting).
- Be highly organised and efficient to contribute to the role and other commissioning projects, gathering information and undertaking enquiries as and when necessary, and contributing to the delivery of the team’s Key Performance Indicators.
- Have an understanding of the commissioning cycle, social care legislation and the procurement rules and regulations relating to the purchasing of adult social care services.
- Be enthusiastic and passionate for consistent service delivery.
- Be confident in a range of communication skills to correspond with a variety of internal and external stakeholders, especially when dealing with sensitive or confidential information.
- Hold personal integrity in high regard and be passionate about their standards of work.
- Understand the skills required to manage resilience in a highly demanding and challenging environment.
- Be keen to develop your skills and knowledge through professional development and training.
We are based at Town Hall Extension in Manchester City Centre and have a flexible approach to working hours which may involve some evening work as required for engagement work with stakeholders.