Conservation & Land Management
Do you want to be part of a team that’s supporting and delivering sustainable places for communities?
If you have experience of delivering capital and/or infrastructure projects and have worked with a range of internal and external project stakeholders, this role could be for you.
What you could be part of…
The Growth Delivery Team is responsible for delivering a large pipeline of capital projects, ranging from new buildings to infrastructure. The focus of the team is to accelerate the delivery of key housing and employment sites whilst supporting green and community infrastructure across the two Council Districts.
Working at the Council enables you to be part of an organisation which is proud to deliver high-quality, customer focussed services. Our success comes from us being commercially astute and business-like. Continuous improvement is also vital and we challenge ourselves to develop new and innovative ways to improve the services that make a real difference to people’s lives.
What you’ll be doing…
- Supporting parish and town councils to identify and prioritise local infrastructure needs having regard to proposed and approved growth in the local area and, where relevant, the policies of the neighbourhood plan.
- Supporting parish and town councils to deliver the projects identified by them.
- Supporting parish and town councils to optimise the use of funding to deliver infrastructure and facilities in the local area, including Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) receipts.
- Identify other sources of funding available to parish and town councils and, where appropriate, help secure additional funding streams.
- Liaise with and inform local communities of the opportunities arising from growth and CIL and help communities to optimise these opportunities.
- Assist with the delivery of infrastructure projects identified in the greater Norwich infrastructure plan.
- Develop and support a wide range of partnerships to seize opportunities, work in collaboration, maximise benefits to the community and support the growth agenda.
You must have…
- Working knowledge and understanding of current community development issues at a national, regional and local level.
- Working knowledge and understanding of current planning legislation, policy and practice.
- Proven experience of developing community projects and working collaboratively with external groups, agencies or organisations to secure external funding.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other departments to reconcile difficult situations, negotiate solutions and achieve a holistic council approach to achieving growth.
- Educated to degree standard or relevant experience at a senior level in a community development environment.
What’s in it for you…
Our package includes:
- 25 days holiday increasing to 28 days after 5 years service plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part time employees)
- Opportunity to work your hours flexibly to improve your work life balance (where operationally possible)
- Employer pension contributions of 15% with the option to make additional voluntary contributions.
- Access to our One Team Rewards scheme including discounts in high street shops and restaurants, employee assistance programme and car lease scheme – with more to come!
- Payroll giving scheme
- Regular reviews with your line manager, develop a personal development plan, as well as opportunities to undertake training
- Compassionate leave and sickness entitlement for times of need
- Support towards volunteering days in the community and encouragement to be involved with fun activities to raise money for local and national charities.