An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Community and Customer Engagement Manager within our newly formed Housing Operations team. This is a one-year fixed term maternity cover role.
We are a Community Gateway and first and foremost, our job is to be a responsible and caring landlord. However, we are in a unique and privileged position to be able to support vulnerable people and families, and work with external partners, signposting their services to ensure people get the help that they need.
We have committed to spend £1 million on community projects between 2020 and 2025, which gives us a huge opportunity to make a real difference and we need to ensure the right customers are referred and benefit from this investment. We also have a number of challenging objectives to meet in terms of the Housing White Paper and will need to evidence how we engage and listen to our customers and use this to tailor our services.
Engaging with us should feel effortless and seamless for our customers and our Communities and Financial inclusion teams play a central role in achieving our vision. We are looking to improve our digital offering, but a huge part of this is that we embrace our current systems and ensure that we are accurately and routinely recording every interaction.
The successful candidate will:
- Lead and deliver the Communities Strategy to a successful outcome for our communities. Ensure the successful utilisation £1m of spend in our communities, which is aligned to our strategies, to include identifying match funding opportunities.
- Support our Gateway Membership Team and our membership, empowering them to participate in our policy and decision-making processes. To lead a team providing support and liaison facilities to our Local Community Areas, including developing, training and sustaining community groups.
- Ensuring liaison with community stakeholders, including elected representatives, resident associations’, community partner organisations and other public officers and agencies, is undertaken in a professional manner, acting as a point of escalation or resolution when required.
- Using community feedback and information, including customer/community profile data, to plan, deliver and evaluate a programme of community engagement activity that supports delivery of our objectives.
- Lead on our engagement strategy, providing opportunities for a diverse resident base to engage with us a time and way that is convenient for them. In line with Principles of the Housing White Paper and consumer regulation.
- To put the customer first in all areas of work considering the impact of change to them. Involving the customer in these decisions to ensure the action has the highest possible positive impact.
Essential for the role
- Working directly with the public and communities through tenant involvement or similar work.
- Working with relevant community-based, voluntary sector and statutory partners.
- Making funding bids and match funding with partners.
- Dealing with negative customer feedback and proactively preventing reoccurrence.
- Developing and implementing strategies, policies, procedures and processes within a team.
- Using multiple sets of information to produce and report insightful analysis.
- Leading a team of professional staff
- budget management
good knowledge of:
- Practices related to measuring the impact of community development work in the sector.
- Relevant Government policy, regulatory and legislative frameworks and key issues, including diversion and inclusion issues, particularly welfare benefits and the implications of the reform agenda
- Digital inclusion and the current and future implications of digitalisation and engagement.
- Equality, diversity and inclusion issues related to service delivery and the workplace.
The post holder will need to hold a UK driving licence with access to a suitable vehicle with business use insurance cover.
They will also need to maintain a satisfactory basic level DBS check.
What can we offer?
Working close to Watford Junction station and within walking distance to the shops and cafes of Watford town centre, your salary will be £40,000-£45,000
In return we offer a competitive package with includes:
- 28 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Employer pension contributions up to 11%
- Development opportunities
- Staff discount scheme with various retailers
- Life assurance - We offer Life assurance which provides a payment of 4 x your salary
- Everyone Active - gym discount
- HSF - We provide employees the facility to claim cashback for dental, optical and physiotherapy costs, alongside wellness services
- Annual Flu Jab - This is provided each winter to all employees
When applying for Watford Community Housing, please consider our organisation’s values:
• Professional – We are honest, open and respectful. People trust us to keep our promises.
• Collaborative – We work together as one team and build lasting partnerships to get results.
• Forward-thinking – We have a can-do attitude and embrace opportunities to improve and innovate.
We reserve the right to close this advert earlier if a suitable candidate is found.
To discuss this role in more detail please contact Amy Willcox-Smith – Head of Customer relationships on 07900 920446.
Closing Date: Monday 9am 14th June 2021
Interviews: Wednesday 16th June, 9am - 1pm