Marketing & Communications
Are you passionate about social media? We have a fantastic opportunity for you to get your career started in the rapidly growing field of digital marketing, with a two-year apprenticeship. Over the last four years we have had over 15 successful apprenticeships across the whole organisation.
As part of Watford Community Housing’s Communications team, you’ll help us to tell our story to the outside world and keep our colleagues informed of the latest news and key developments. You’ll gain a wealth of experience in a wide variety of disciplines across a range of channels – including content creation, website management and analytics. And you’ll get your career off to the perfect start with a Level 4 qualification in Digital Marketing.
The successful candidate will help us to enhance our approach to digital marketing through innovative use of social media and the development of our website. They will also work with us to create compelling internal communications campaigns and relaunch our intranet website, to provide a comprehensive and engaging resource for our staff.
- 5 GCSEs, grades A – C, including English and Maths.
- High standard of written English, with a strong understanding of spelling, punctuation and grammar.
- Excellent attention to detail and a keen eye for what looks good.
- Good communication and team-working skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite software.
- Enthusiasm for digital media and the opportunities it presents.
- Ability to prioritise, organise and manage a diverse and complex workload.
- Ability to adopt an innovative and creative approach to communications.
- Ability to manage time effectively and deliver to deadlines.
What can we offer?
Your apprenticeship will give you the opportunity to gain a valuable qualification to get your career started, along with a salary of £16,777.28.
We are based near Watford Junction station and within walking distance to the shops and cafes of Watford town centre. Because of the coronavirus pandemic, you may be required to work remotely some or all of the time, until restrictions change.
We offer a competitive package, which includes:
- 28 days’ annual leave and closure at Christmas and bank holidays
- Employer pension contributions up to 11%
- Life Assurance – a payment of 4x your salary.
- Development opportunities
- Staff discount scheme – access to hundreds of money-saving options for online and high-street shopping.
- The opportunity to ‘win’ staff awards, including duvet days, free massages and shopping vouchers.
Watford Community Housing is also a Mindful Employer and you can access support from our Mental Health First Aiders.
Watford Community Housing is a housing association that provides affordable homes to the people who need them most. We believe in working in partnership to transform our communities and change lives for the better.
Our values are central to our work and underpin everything we do:
• Professional – We are honest, open and respectful. People trust us to keep our promises.
• Collaborative – We work together as one team and build lasting partnerships to get results.
• Forward-thinking – We have a can-do attitude and embrace opportunities to improve and innovate.
You can find out lots more about us at www.wcht.org.uk.
Closing date: Friday 30th October (Please note, we reserve the right to close this advert earlier if a suitable candidate is found.)
Interviews: w/c 9th November