Communications and Marketing Manager
Salary: £37,000 per annum Plus, employer’s pension contribution (currently 10%)
Hours: Full-time – 35 Hours per week (Permanent after probation.)
Location: Our offices will be your primary workplace with flexibility to work from home on discussion with your line manager. Our offices are in Brockley, south-east London.
Start date: ASAP
Childnet is a children’s charity with a mission to help make the internet a great and safe place for children and young people.
We work directly with children and young people aged 3-18, as well as parents, carers, educators and professionals, finding out about their real experiences online. This informs our work in helping to equip children to stay safe online and the resources that we develop for them.
Reporting to the Deputy CEO, you will help us reach more young people, teachers and families than ever to help young people get the best out of their digital lives.
In this role, you will:
- Oversee our communications including managing the Senior Communications Officer and Communications and Marketing Officer.
- Play a key role in major projects and campaigns like Safer Internet Day, which this year reached more than 50% of young people aged 8-17 years.
- Work closely with colleagues across Childnet to ensure that our programmes and initiatives reach as many young people, teachers, parents and stakeholders as possible.
- Co-ordinate communications activities
- Drive forward our communications and marketing strategy and brand.
Your work will support our key audiences, young people, teachers, education professionals, and parents and carers to engage with and get the most out of our programmes, including the Childnet Digital Leaders Programme, the annual Film Competition, and our award-winning learning and advice resources, downloaded thousands of times each month. Our strength comes from working in partnership across the internet industry, charities, government and others to amplify our campaigns.
A strong team player with experience of managing people, projects, stakeholders and campaigns, you will have pivotal role, collaborating across the organisation with our teams of education specialists and project managers.
You'll need to have:
- great verbal and written communication skills
- experience developing communications and marketing strategies
- the ability to manage your and your team's capacity across multiple projects
- the ability to work creatively and bring new ideas and solutions
For a full job description, person specification and to apply, please click the apply button.
Closing date: 11:59pm on Monday, 12th September 2022.
First round interviews: 22nd & 23rd September 2022
Second round interviews: 30th September 2022
All employees at Childnet complete a DBS check before employment is confirmed and this is a condition of employment.