Are you resilient, resourceful, calm under pressure and possess an ability to connect with people in a variety of settings?
We are looking for a confident, customer focussed Commercial Executive to develop and deliver our Commercial Waste & Recycling Service. To provide an excellent service to our customers you will find it easy to build rapports, identify opportunities and have ability to work both under your own initiative and collaboratively with the team around you.
What you could be part of…
Working closely with our Operations and Customer Services teams from our Depot, while also liaising with wider Council teams as appropriate, you will lead on delivering an excellent service to our portfolio of customers while actively seeking opportunities to increase the portfolio.
Working at the Council enables you to be part of an organisation which is proud to deliver high-quality, customer focussed services. Our success comes from us being commercially astute and business-like. Continuous improvement is also vital and we challenge ourselves to develop new and innovative ways to improve the services that make a real difference to people’s lives.
What you’ll be doing…
- Identify and sell desirable new business across waste and environmental services.
- Respond promptly to customer enquiries and provide effective solutions.
- Be responsible and accountable for sustaining and growing the portfolio.
- Create and present quotations and proposals to prospective new customers.
- Self-generate leads and develop a robust pipeline of desirable new business.
- Build a strong knowledge of the marketplace with insight gained from competitor intelligence.
- Input into and update CRM and operational systems in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Liaise with Finance to manage debtors.
You must have…
- Significant Customer Service Experience
- A polite, courteous and professional manner
- Calm under pressure
- An eye for detail
- Full UK driving licence
- Ecellent communication skills
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
- IT proficient
If external, please apply via our website. If internal, please apply via submitting your expression of interest to Steve Williams, a template for an expression of interest can be found on Connect.
*The Councils reserve the right to close the any and all vacancies after 1 week, if there is judged to be a sufficient number of applications received.
Please note that any correspondence from the council may enter your spam folder, please check this to keep up to date with any information you may receive from us.
Closing date: 19/08/22
Interview date: w/c 22/08/22