Business Development & Sales
Job Title - Business Development
Package - Basic £30K OTE + £37K
We’re looking for a number of highly motivated Business Development Managers to join our sales team on a remote-only basis. This role has ownership of the full customer journey. We offer extensive sales training and clear career progression for successful individuals. Our training programme is designed to ensure you are equipped to succeed with many of our new starters earning commission as early as 8 weeks sales cycle.
• Exceeding quarterly and annual sales targets – ensuring maximum possible delivery against sales targets through the generation of new business
• Speaking to relevant B2B decision-makers to discuss their potential needs and how the Glenigan service would be beneficial to them
• Demonstrating the system to its full potential and identifying how this will be an essential tool to the customer’s business
• Combining excellent industry and product knowledge, with drive and a flair for strong relationship building on the telephone at all levels
• Developing a strong pipeline of business providing three times cover of the quarterly sales target
• Preparing, presenting and negotiating business proposals to clients
• Closing of sales over the phone or by booking further appointments with the decision-makers for onsite meetings
• Exceeding the Glenigan sales standards around behaviours and productivity, including call volumes, meetings, quotes and average order value. As well as regularly maintaining accurate records of sales process activity in SalesForce and reporting as required
This list is not exhaustive and there may be other activities you are required to deliver.
Personal & general attributes
• You will be a motivated, dynamic and self-driven individual who is confident and professional in approach
• Resilience, flexibility and a willingness to undertake varied responsibilities working alone or as part of a team
• Tenacious and ambitious with a desire to succeed
• A professional, confident and flexible approach to working with people
• Ability to maintain composure in high-pressure situations
• Ability to manage a heavy workload and to be able to hold accountability and deliver a wide range of tasks
• A positive ‘can do’ attitude and excellent work ethic
Skills, experience & qualifications required
• Excellent organisational, written and oral communication skills and the ability and confidence to identify and win new business
• Previous 2-5 years B2B sales experience
• Experience of working within the Construction Industry would be an advantage
• Strong negotiation, closing and objection handling skills
Company Established 1973, We deliver the most accurate and comprehensive construction sales leads in the UK. We combine this with business analysis and forecasting, enabling businesses to make sales, win contracts and plan for future growth. Joining us means joining an ambitious and determined team with a proven track record of year on year double-digit growth, where innovative thinking is encouraged and results are generously rewarded.
What we offer Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
• 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
• Great learning and development opportunities
• Bonus, Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
• Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
• Volunteering opportunities
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Childcare Vouchers; Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex; Gadget Insurance, Health Assessments and Will Writing. We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, in which you will have the options to fuel up on free fruit, attend yoga sessions, join our running club, or perhaps taking up on a lunchtime massage.