Are you an experienced and competent Administrator with outstanding Customer Service skills? Are you commercially driven with good organisation skills?
We are delighted to be working with our client based on the outskirts of Portsmouth. With over 20 years in the technology sector, our client prides itself on being one of the largest in its field and due to continued growth they are now on the lookout for a Business Administrator to join their team.
Your Business Administrator Role:
The purpose of this role will be to complete a customer facing administrative project to update contracts for customers. The role will involve telephone and email contact with customers answering and dealing with queries relating to the task.
The role will include keeping records of activities and liaising with other departments to complete the role. Other responsibilities include:
- Working from a predefined contact list of effected partners, explain the commercial situation and send documents for signing by all related parties.
- Produce a monthly progress report showing the activity and results achieved in the previous period.
- Deliver relevant and professional communications to customers in a timely, professional manner following process/template/instruction.
- Provide additional administration support and ad hoc tasks as directed
This is a full-time position based in our client's Fareham office in the UK. We operate a hybrid working policy whereby employees can work remotely 2 days a week, subject to performance and management agreement.
Our Ideal Business Administrator
We are looking for a candidate that has the ability to instantly build rapport and easily establishes relationships with customers taking ownership of issues through to resolution. Other skills and attributes will include:
- Develops effective and supportive relationships with colleagues, is considerate towards them and creates a sense of team spirit.
- Is reliable; follows direction from supervisors and respects policies and procedures. Shows commitment to the organisation and task completion.
- Provide a quality service. Maintains high professional standards and gets work right first time, showing a high degree of attention to detail.
- Is resilient, remains calm and self-controlled under pressure. Reacts well to change and stays positive despite setbacks. Keeps difficulties in perspective.
- Excellent time management skills to ensure efficient use of resources to maximise business outcomes.
- Proven ability to manage time and resources effectively to ensure workflows are managed and objectives and deadlines are achieved.
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to follow and make recommendations to process to improve methods of working.
- Desire and passion to provide an excellent customer experience for external customers.
- Demonstrable ability to acquire new knowledge and skills quickly and apply to business situations.
- Confidence in working in a rapidly changing business environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. GCSE Maths and English, minimum grade C or level 4 (or equivalent)
- Computer literate to an advanced level including knowledge and demonstrable experience in using Microsoft Office.
In return for your continued commitment, our client is offering the following package and benefits:
- 37.5 hours per week, typically 0900 – 1730Flexible and hybrid working environment with potential to work 3 days in the office and 2 days remote.
- Salary of £20k-£25k depending on experience
- 20 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays rising by one day per year
- Additional day off for your birthday
- Company Pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Child care vouchers
- Life Assurance 4x annual salary
To not miss out on the opportunity to become our clients next Business Administrator, register your interest by clicking apply now! We look forward to meeting you!