Are you a Part Qualified Accountant with strong technical skills? Do you have previous experience with Microsoft Dynamics NAV? Are you looking for a new and exciting role working across two dynamic businesses? If so our client are on the hunt for a Assistant Management Accountant to join their team.
Your Assistant Management Accountant Role:
We are seeking a candidate to ensure the timely and accurate recording and reporting of business performance of our clients luxury barber salon as well as managing the accounts receivable ledger for their partner business.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Oversee & produce monthly Management Accounts to the required standard and timetable.
- Ensure that all margin reporting is accurate and in line with expectations.
- Business Partnering with the FD and manager. As part of Business partnering, provide any additional analysis as required. Understand cost drivers / future spends.
- Ensure appropriate financial controls are in place across department and business.
- Ensure the integrity of balance sheet reporting, particularly the review of all key reconciliations each month.
- Provide support to the FC in planning and production of budgets and quarterly forecasting.
- Work with the FC to ensure year-end payroll compliance and reconciliation.
- Prepare year-end accounts / analysis / tax packs and liaise with external auditors to manage these through to completion for the area under your control.
- Responsible for monthly bank reconciliations.
- Monthly payroll completion and submission for the area under your control.
- Ensure all governmental statistical returns have been completed by reports.
- Contribute to systems and workflow improvements.
- Work with FC on ad hoc projects.
- Ensure the finance month end timetable is adhered to and all daily / weekly / monthly tasks are completed in a timely manner.
- Post customer payments in daily into the general ledger ERP system (NAV)
- Monitor customer account details for delayed/non-payments or any irregularities
- Review and report on AR ageing. Review aged debtors' reports, follow up on outstanding invoices and update commentary. Escalate with FC/Sales team if any issues with unpaid invoices
- Follow up and collect payments according to our/agreed payment terms
- Reconcile the accounts receivable ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted
- Verify discrepancies and resolve client's billing issues
- Review all customers orders and release/collect payment
- Approve/decline customer orders based on their payment status
Our Ideal Assistant Management Accountant:
We are looking for a candidate who is a part qualified Accountant (CIMA/ACCA preferred) who has strong technical skills and experience in an accounts receivable role: Other skills and attributes will include:
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV
- Demonstrable experience producing financial reporting
- Strong people skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Hands on, ability to manage deadlines
- Advanced Excel skills
- Practical experience in general ledger and stock management systems
- Tenacious, self-starter, not afraid to talk to other departments
- Strong communicator (up and down)
- Works well under pressure
- FMCG / Retail background
In return for your continued commitment, our client is offering a competitive market leading salary of up to £35,000 depending on experience.
To not miss out on the opportunity to join our client as their next Assistant Management Accountant, click Apply Now to register your interest. We look forward to meeting you!