Property & Construction
We are looking for a surveyor who knows what good looks like!
At Paradigm we invest millions in new kitchens, bathrooms, windows, doors, roofs and many other components that provide great places to live, and maintain our homes in good condition. Part of the process is understanding what should be included in replacement programmes and that’s where you come in.
About the role: As Asset Surveyor you will take data from our stock intelligence records and validate what needs doing and what remains ‘good’ for the time being.
Whilst visiting our customers homes you will also keep a keen eye out for anything that fails to meet our high health and safety standards and capture other asset-based information that will help us plan future investment or trigger responsive repairs.
As part of a team that facilitates smart investment you are the critical link between planning and delivery that enables us to invest efficiently so we can do more things for more people.
About you: You will need
- A recognised qualification in surveying or related discipline (HND, HNC) or equivalent relevant experience
- An understanding of Decent Homes and HHSRS regulation
- Appropriate experience in surveying in a Social Housing environment
- Good communication skills to a diverse range of customers and colleagues
- Attention to detail with sound judgement and decision-making skills
- A driving licence and vehicle is also required for business use (business mileage will be paid at the prevailing rate in line with our policy).
About us: Paradigm Housing Group is one of the South East’s leading housing providers. We manage over 16,000 homes across 33 different local authorities and employ more than 550 people. We are a values’ driven, ambitious organisation with Best Companies 1 STAR accredited organisation in recognition of our high employee engagement and offer a welcoming and friendly environment. We are clearly focussed on the delivery of our five-year corporate plan with ambitious and challenging objectives including improving our environment and sustainability targets to deliver quality homes to people who need them.
Our profits go into building more homes for people who need them and not in to paying dividends to shareholders. If this appeals to you, and you’d like to work for a great team, where you can add value and have a personal impact on the future success of our business, you could be a few clicks away from a rewarding career with us.
We offer a very generous package including the following:
- Holidays – 25 days to start (this rises with service to a maximum of 30 days) plus 3 paid days between Xmas and new year when we close, plus the opportunity to buy up to another 5 days – subject to conditions
- Pension scheme: employee minimum contribution of 3% and Paradigm will contribute 7.5% or 9.5% depending on the employee’s contribution rate.
- Annual Bonus potential
- Professional Sponsorship Scheme (subject to conditions) and professional subscriptions paid
- Family Friendly policies incl generous Paternity, Maternity, Shared parental and adoption leave, sabbaticals and more
- Health Cash Plan – worth over £1,800 p/a includes Dental, Optical, Prescriptions and Flu jabs, Physiotherapy, Chiropractic therapy, Reflexology, Sports massage and more.
- Hybrid working
- Up to 3 paid Giving Back (Volunteer) days a year
- Newly created modern offices collaborative offices, with free parking and charging points for electric vehicles
- Car Leasing scheme (subject to conditions)
- Opportunities for career advancement – if you want it, but fine if you don’t
- Social events, such as Quiz nights, Xmas Party, Summer BBQ
We support flexible ways of working and welcome applications from all sections of the communities we work in.