Property & Construction
Do you have excellent customer service skills with a housing background? Are you looking for a new and exciting career in housing? Are you a housing professional with exceptional customer service skills with experience of leading a front-line team? If so, we want to hear from you.
You will be a confident communicator and a strong leader who can make decisions with ease whilst keeping the customer’s needs as your focus.
Due to the nature of the role you will need to have full driving licence and access to a car with business insurance.
About the role:
The successful person will be responsible for managing a team of Housing Officers ensuring that tenancy, support and neighbourhood services are successfully delivered in a customer focused way.
Working closely with other teams, you will be responsible for the high standard of Customer Service which is responsive to our customer’s needs.
- Excellent people management skills.
- Ability to manage a dispersed team.
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills.
- Report writing skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, to a range of audiences.
- Good IT skills with the ability to use specialist Housing Management software.
- Debt management experience.
- Excellent knowledge of Housing and related legislation.
- Significant tenancy and neighbourhood management experience.
- Experience of budget management.
- Housing qualification
You will need to maintain a satisfactory basic level DBS check.
What we can offer:
Working close to Watford Junction station and within walking distance to the shops and cafes of Watford town centre, your salary will be £40,000 - £45,000.
In return we offer a competitive package with includes:
- 28 days annual and closure at Christmas and bank holidays
- Employer pension contributions up to 11%
- Development opportunities
- Staff discount scheme
- The opportunity to ‘win’ staff awards, including duvet days, free massages, shopping vouchers
When applying for Watford Community Housing, please consider our organisation’s values:
- Professional – We are honest, open and respectful. People trust us to keep our promises.
- Collaborative – We work together as one team and build lasting partnerships to get results.
- Forward-thinking – We have a can-do attitude and embrace opportunities to improve and innovate.
Please note we reserve the right to close the vacancy early if we receive a large response.
Closing date: 13/12/2021
We know that good homes give people the chance to lead more fulfilling lives. That’s why we’re dedicated to delivering high-quality homes and friendlier communities. We own and manage more than 5,000 homes in South-West Hertfordshire.
We are a housing association with homes across South-West Hertfordshire. We aim to make a real difference by delivering better homes and supporting our communities.