Care & Social Care
BEARS are currently recruiting for both Ambulance Care Assistants and Trainee Ambulance Care Assistants from our Edgware, London base. We have various positions available including Permanent both on a Full and Part Time basis.
BEARS have been caring for patients needing ambulance care now for several years and in partnership with DHL Hospital logistics and Imperial College NHS Trust transfer patients across 15 London hospitals 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
We are offering a competitive salary of £9.75p/h for Ambulance Care Assistants with FREC3 qualification and £9.50p/h for Trainee Ambulance Care Assistants without a FREC qualification.
To ensure the effective and efficient day-to-day operation within the patient transport service and high-dependency service by coordinating the distribution of patient journeys with care and respect.
As a qualified Ambulance Care Assistant (or equivalent level 3 ambulance qualification) – or a trainee Ambulance Care Assistant, you will provide compassionate, professional and high-quality patient care whilst responding to both emergency and non-emergency patient transport situations. To provide the best quality care to our patients and uphold our high standards, you will operate within Company scope of practice as well as have the ability to recognise any potential safeguarding issues and report accordingly. You will ensure that your vehicle and equipment is consistently maintained to an excellent standard. You will also help mentor and act as the clinical lead for lower skilled grades, and newer staff, as required.
- Assess, attend and transport patients and relatives in accordance with Company policies and procedures, including Company scope of practice guidelines
- Accurately complete all documentation relating to patients, vehicles and equipment in accordance with Company Policy and submit within required timeframes to management office
- Work within the relevant Scope of Practice (SOP) for the designated role and provide treatment up to the post-holder's assessed ability in line with current best
- Be aware of the patient's social and environmental condition and report any Safeguarding matters to the appropriate person or body
- Uphold and comply with designated cleaning routines to including vehicles, equipment and areas of the garaging facilities to ensure that infection prevention and control standards are adhered to
- Carry out vehicle and equipment checks at the start of and during each shift to ensure the readiness of the vehicle, equipment and consumables to respond as required. Report all defects and damage in accordance with Company policies and procedures
- Drive all vehicles in emergency/non-emergency situations legally and in accordance with the Company driving policy while demonstrating consideration for the comfort and safety of the patient and colleagues, showing consideration for other road users
- When required act as the clinical lead and be responsible for the lower skill qualified member of Staff
The Ideal Candidate:
- Ambulance Care Assistant - A level 3 ambulance qualification, including FPOS (I) or (E), or preferably FREC 3, with relevant, recent, recorded experience for at least 6 months, or willingness to train to this level
- Trainee Ambulance Care Assistant – Minimum First Aid at Work Qualification and willing to complete FREC3 within 6 months
- Full driving license required, maximum of 6 points
- At least 2 years’ experience of driving in the UK, preferably more
- Clean DBS
- Experience of driving transit size vehicles
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- O Level/GCSE in Maths and English
- Worked in a fast pace multi delivery environment
- Customer focused
- Good communicator and problem solving skills with strong time management ability
- Flexible approach to working hours
- Application of common sense approach
- A caring attitude towards patients and an outgoing, friendly manner, able to show empathy and respect
- The post holder must be willing to undergo CPD and Induction training
- Able to deal with multiple tasks and prioritise
- Able to work on own initiative and proactively
- Ability to remain calm and professional at all times
- Experience of working in role (at least 6 months)
- Geographical knowledge of the local area to be worked within
- Considerable driving experience, preferably in van-size vehicle
To not miss out on this fantastic opportunity to join our Ambulance Team, click the Apply Now button to register your interest. We look forward to meeting you!