Come and work for us at Paradigm Housing Group, a Best Companies 1 Star accredited workplace, with high levels of employee engagement.
If you have a strong work ethic, Accounts Payable knowledge, excellent interpersonal and communication skills and experience of managing a small team, we’d really like to hear from you.
Your drive and energy for supporting and developing your team and your unwavering commitment to continuous improvement will contribute towards your success.
You will also be managing the processes in the AP department from receiving invoices from our suppliers (we have a high-volume ledger), matching with purchase orders, through to preparing invoices ready for payment. Communicating with internal staff and our suppliers to help these processes run smoothly. Dealing with queries through to resolution and other members of the Finance team and wider business, assisting auditors as may be required.
Reporting to the Income & Payments Team Manager and will be leading a team of six. You will motivate, guide and support, hold regular team meetings and one to one’s in order to get the very best performance from your team.
We process a weekly Bacs payment for our suppliers, you will oversee the process of the invoices through the finance system and ensure they are entered accurately and on a timely basis, guaranteeing regular payments for our suppliers.
Ongoing reviews of the departments processes allow us to work efficiently, and you will be contributing to and supporting process and system changes as they are implemented
The work pattern is 37 per week Monday to Friday covering the hours between 9am and 5.30pm (5pm finish on Friday) with an hour for lunch.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- strong AP knowledge and some experience in leading a team.
- a proactive and a positive attitude.
- good attention to detail when processing and recording on a finance system.
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills, the ability to develop effective relationships with team members, internal staff, stake holders and our suppliers.
- good organisational skills to manage workloads within the team with the ability to prioritise to meet deadlines.
- Competitive salary and pension options
- 25 days holidays p/a to start, plus 3 days during office closure at Xmas New year plus 8 bank holidays, with the opportunity to buy up to 5 days p/a (subject to conditions)
- Remote hybrid working and modern offices where there is Free Parking
- Bonus potential
- Excellent Health Cash Plan which is worth more than £1,800 p/a incl. treatments such as optical, dental, physio, chiropody, chiropractic, reflexology, even Indian head massage!
- Up to 3 paid Volunteer days a year
We welcome applications from all sections of the communities we work in. Shortlisting will be conducted in line with the essential and desirable criteria set out in the person specification.
We will be reviewing applications throughout the campaign and may invite candidates to interview at any time, therefore reserve the right to close this role earlier than the published date should a suitable candidate be identified.
Closing date: Sunday 10 October 2021
Interview date: To be Confirmed