Are you a self-driven and confident Accounts Assistant with experience in the Construction Industry? Do you have knowledge of payroll software and are looking to join a dynamic and vibrant organisation? If so, we are on the hunt for a new Accounts Assistant to join our team here at HS Building & Maintenance.
HS Building & Maintenance has over 15 years in delivering a wide range of refurbishment and maintenance projects to some of the biggest names in the public and private sectors. Our services include planned maintenance, kitchen and bathroom replacement, fire damage renovation and so much more.
Your Accounts Assistant Role:
We are on the hunt for a competent and experienced Accounts Assistant who has previous experience in the Construction Industry: Responsibilities will include:
- CIS – Labour and material invoicing from suppliers and customers. Reconciliation of the CIS returns
- Payroll – timesheet data, queries, liaising with Heads of Department. Entering this onto a database and/or monthly payroll spreadsheet. Gathering pension information, liaise with pension provider and keeping within the compliance guidelines
- VAT – reconcile the banks, receipts, invoices, maintaining accurate bank records, locating missing invoices and liaising with the other offices for invoices/receipts etc.
- Ledgers – keeping accurate records of company expenditure and ensuring that the invoices are costed to the correct project involvement – if there is an anomaly, discussing with the department head for clarification (over email)
- Payments – making supplier payments as and when instructed to do so by Finance Manager
- Producing invoices and Data collaboration with monthly reporting for different department managers
- Use of Xero software
Our Ideal Accounts Assistant:
We are looking for a candidate with a minimum Level 2/3 in Accounting and Book-keeping along with a working knowledge of payroll software (Xero) other skills and attributes would include:
- Able to communicate professionally and effectively, both verbally and in writing, within all levels of the business, and to external parties
- Must be adapt in use of Excel and Word, Internet, email as well as use of other software programmes – Xero,
- Organisational skills
- Problem Solving
- A strong administrative background is essential
- Knowledge of DRC, VAT, PAYE AND CIS
- Self-driven and confident
- Highly motivated
- Able to get on with others, and be a team player
- Well-presented and business-like
In return for your continued commitment as our next Accounts Assistant, we are offering a competitive salary of £20-£25k depending on experience along with free parking on site, 20 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays) and scope for career progression.
To not miss out on the opportunity to join us as our next Accounts Assistant, click the Apply Now button to register your interest. We look forward to meeting you!